Sunday 1 March 2009

Out with the old and in with the new

After creating a meticulous plan and digging all the beds until i was sore i was delighted to finally finish.

With my back rested and my mind back on the challenges ahead i started looking for a greenhouse. After many weeks of looking without success, a chance conversation led to a very kind lady donating me wonderful polytunnel frame.

One quick trip to the isle of wight later (and with the invaluable help of my Dad) all the pieces were on site, labelled and ready to build.

I intially had grand ideas of constructing the frame by myself but i soon realised that i didn't have 8 arms and gladly accepted the help of Ian and Sophie (my allotment neighbours). Many hours later and with lots of hilarity, cursing, and life saving tea, the frame was up!

A great thankyou to Ian and Sophie for all the help without them the construction just wouldn't have been possible.

Now the plastic has been ordered i have to get the doors built and settled within the next two weeks. Watch this space.




No comments: